Friday, January 29, 2010

Look out Julia Child

Today has been a cooking day. First I made Ratatouille from Julia Child's recipe. I've made the recipe in the Moosewood cookbook and it doesn't come out nearly as good. Of course, Julia's recipe took 3 hours from start to finish, but wow, the TASTE! Jeff went crazy for it.

Then, I got to have dessert - homemade yogurt. I started it last night and the recipe was shockingly simple; just organic 2% milk and a litttle yogurt starter. I brought the milk to a boil, let it cool, stirred in the starter, poured into sterilized jelly jars. To keep it at the optimum temperature, I put the jars in a cooler wrapped up in kitchen towels and with a warmed up cherry pit pillow. I sealed up the cooler, went to bed, and hoped for the best. This morning I popped the still warm jars into the fridge. And after dinner tonight I topped the thick, creamy yogurt with fresh strawberries and a little agave nectar. It was really good. Feel free to stop by for a sample, there is plenty more!

Bon Appetite!

No comments: