Sunday, January 3, 2010

Amazing Chore Chart

I have been seeking a good way of getting the girls to remember all the things they should do in the morning without me nagging them. Or worse, as we are headed out the door, having this conversation:

"Everybody ready?"
"Yep!"
"Wait, your hair doesn't look brushed, did you brush it?"
"No."
"But, you said you were ready, you were playing around just a second ago."
"You didn't tell me I had to brush my hair."
"You have to brush your hair everyday. All of it. Not just the front part."
"Oh, I didn't know that."
"Yes you did. We had this conversation yesterday."
"Oh, I forgot."

This represents conversations I have actually had with my children. Only, sometimes it isn't hair brushing, it is putting clothes in the hamper not on the floor, brushing teeth, putting on socks, etc, etc.
Enter the wonderful folks at Doug & Melissa Toys. They made this magnetic chore chart pictured above. There is a list for chores and little smiley face magnets that you can put by the chore once you have completed it. The girls LOVE it. They were actually excited about doing their chores today. I didn't have to remind anyone once! I did have to take a moment and admire the work of art that was the completed chore chart, but I am so happy about that. I love the chore chart. I may even write fan mail to the manufacturer. Thank you, Doug, Melissa, you are my heroes.

No comments: