Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Tale Requiring a Stiff Coffee and Possibly Therapy

Now that my hands are steady enough to type, I'll reveal my latest trauma. It started out simply enough, I was to go take the bird netting off the blueberry bushes. We had left it on by accident, it is almost invisible actually, at least until it is covered with snow and you can see all the valleys and peaks of the netting. So, I start to remove the net. It is not as easy as it sounds, the snow has frozen on bits of it so it is covered with small icebergs, chunks of mulch, sticks, AND ... a frozen, deeply entangled snake. Yes, snake. I wish I were joking here. Shudder.
So I extract the net from around the bushes and try to pry the snake out with a long stick. Bits of snake peel off, but the snake is still really really stuck. So, using a garden knife (and making little girl shrieky noises) I extricate the snake and whip it, via long stick as far into the brambles as possible.
And now I am having a cup of coffee to sooth my nerves. I think large quantities of chocolate might be required before I can move on from this dreadful experience. Shudder. Again.

No comments: