Saturday, December 5, 2009

Fireplace

Today Caitlin had a Nutcracker performance at the Fairhaven Retirement Community. The residents loved having our company perform for them, they were so appreciative. And after having travelled through snowy roads and more snow coming down, there and back, both of us were so tired. We curled up at the fireplace and read books together. For a while, Gwen practiced her cello for us and, maybe I'm prejudiced, but I think the girl sounds pretty good. It was just so lovely and pleasant. Then Caitlin and I curled up on the couch watching a nature documentary with Jeff & Gwen. (BTW, it was a little graphic on the mating habits of hedgehogs, but I digress.) And with Caitlin curled up literally on top of me, we both fell sound asleep. And now that both girls are tucked soundly in their beds, there is a good chance that St. Nick is going to come and leave a few treats in their stockings.

No comments: