Thursday, December 18, 2008

Dancing girl

I got to volunteer in Caitlin's Kindergarten classroom yesterday.  I got to read books with 14 adorable little kids.  But my favorite part was getting to observe Caitlin in her classroom.  I noticed something about her.  She dances everywhere.  If there is a break in the lesson, or the other children are still busy putting their materials away, Caitlin does an arabesque and tries to hold it as long as she can.  If she has to move to or from her table, she puts her hands on her hips and skips away like she's in her Irish dance class.   She is just a hoot!
And Gwen has some serious vocal aspirations.  We are going to have a caroling party.  Some friends are coming over, we are going to sing for a few of our neighbors, then we are going to eat pizza and christmas cookies.
Gwen has decided that her must-sing carol is Carol of the Bells a la the American Boychoir.  Not a simple tune to say the least.  I tried to explain to her that it was a multi-part song requiring, if not trained singers, at least several hours of practice.  She has reluctantly accepted my reasoning, but I can tell from the look in her eyes, that she thinks we should give it a shot anyway.  I love her.  (And who knows, maybe we'll work on it for next year.)

No comments: