Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fun today

Today, Gwen and I finally broke out the game of jacks that she'd gotten for Christmas.  I was surprised how quickly she picked it up.  She really can do it well.  This new game happily gives me a little break from getting creamed in Uno.  How is it that she always wins?  It is kind of uncanny, not to mention improbable.

Caitlin, however, had quite a rough day.   She had a meltdown when she couldn't play a piano piece the way she wanted to.  There was absolutely zero pressure on her from either myself or the teacher.  She was just frustrated.  Then she had a meltdown when she lost a teeny-tiny sticker of a shoe for princess Jasmine.  I pretended that another princess offered to share her shoes, but she was having none of it.  She totally broke down.  Later, we all watched the end of "Anne of Green Gables" together.  Matthew dies near the end and Caitlin totally went to pieces.  Tears, wailing, the works. Fortunately, handsome Gilbert Blythe had a few scenes after that and she likes that sort of thing, so that perked her back up.  Before bedtime, we played the "Guess what song I'm humming" game which put her to sleep on a high note.  I hope tomorrow is a better day for Cait.

No comments: