Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Dress

I mentioned to my dear husband that I was going to have to take the girls shopping for a few new pairs of warm pants for winter. A guilty look suddenly came over his face. "What???" I ask. And he confesses, "I took Caitlin shopping for a Christmas dress yesterday." More guilty looks. "It is polyester." He knows I hate polyester. "Caitlin loves it."
When I saw the dress, I knew what he meant. Caitlin had to have picked out this dress. It was red with puffed sleeves and the skirt was ruffled and embroidered to within an inch of its life. And it had crinoline underneath. And, the coupe de grace, it had a matching doll's dress. OMG. It is a polyester nightmare to be sure, but it is Caitlin's polyester nightmare. And she looks like a princess in it.
I guess it could be worse. It could be dry-clean only.

No comments: