Sunday, March 20, 2011

Its not Spring yet, apparently

The spring equinox is today so I greeted the girls with a "Happy First Day of Spring!".  Gwen informed me quite solemnly that I was incorrect.  As the spring equinox is actually at 7:21pm local time tonight, it is not yet the first morning of spring.  She then proceeded to tell me what time the equinox would occur in each time zone in the continental US.  Alrighty, then.
  
The girls and I hopped on our bikes to go to Starbucks and have coffee and scones to greet the morning BEFORE the first day of spring.  As I pay for my coffee, I wish the cashier a happy spring.  And, I am not making this up, he says, "That's not till 7:21 tonight."  

Ok already.  I'll stop pretending that it's the first day of spring until after 7:21pm tonight.  Sheesh.

1 comment:

DoctorSally said...

You had to know she would correct you. Your child is EXTREMELY concrete. No abstract thinking or bending of rules for her. And I can't believe she's turning eleven!!